Class of 2011

For the past two years, I've had the amazing opportunity to go to school with some of the greatest teachers and peers. I've met so many people that share my goals and views, and I've been able to work with teachers who truly want to help us get there. Some of the greatest role models to me in this high school are about to be off on their own new adventures in just a few weeks. The graduating class at my school this year, specifically in our magnet program, has been phenomenal. They are all truly wonderful and talented people that will go far. These kids have worked their butts off for the past four years and they were successful. It just goes to show that hard work will truly go a long way. And even if you can't see it at first, there is someone out there who does. Someone that appreciates and admires it.
And to commemorate them, I wrote this little poem that I will also be reading at our Magnet Senior Banquet.

Six years old and you learn to ride a bike.
By seven, those training wheels are off
And you're soaring down every hill.
You never want it to end,
This crazy ride you're on,
By yourself--
Nothing holding you back.

Well high school is the same.
Four years of learning,
Trying,
Improving.
And now here you are,
Itching for a ride without the training wheels.

And as soon as they're off,
You are too.
On to new places
With so many new faces,
A new path to uncover.
And oh, the places you'll go,
They're more numerous than anyone could know,
More exciting than any could believe.

And do you remember those six-year olds down the street?
Who glared in envy at your accomplishment,
Who watched in awe at your speed and grace.
You inspired them then--
With your newfound freedom.
And now, your adventures ahead unfolding,
You still do.

And they probably always will :]

~On a completely unrelated note: I've reached 2423 "page impressions"! Yay! Not sure how many of those may be from myself, accidentally clicking the tab on my browser, but that's okay! Thank you so much for reaading :] I truly appreciate it.~

Comments

Popular Posts