Friendly Faces

You know how babies are completely adorable? Even the random ones that you see at the park or the grocery store and will probably never see again. Personally, I cannot look at a cute baby and not smile. And as I walk by them, or sit a mile off, and they look at me, a grin bursts onto my face. But the best part is, in just a few seconds, an even brighter smile is shining back at me. No reservations. No judgements. Just a genuine smile and maybe even a giggle or too.
I love how babies can smile so beautifully with no barriers. It's that pureness. This openness and acceptance of your fellow neighbor.

Why not share a smile with someone you pass by on the street? Why not offer to help someone whose arms are full as they juggle multiple tasks? Why not just take a little step back to our more naive selves--just that one characteristic. The ability to look at someone and just smile back at them--to have this little ounce of compassion and love for a stranger.

Comments

Popular Posts