Curiosity Killed The Cat... Satisfaction Brought It Back

So I wrote this poem a few days ago and I kinda hated it. But I saved it any way because I had to start over about 4 times before I could finally finish one. But then, I read this again, and I kind of like it. It's about being "intrigued," and if you read the first letter of each line, it reads "Powerful Intrigue" but it can relate to situations other than the most apparent one. So take a look :]

Intrigued


Please tell me I’m not alone,
On my own, in this strange
World of crazy confusion.
Every time I see you, I
Regret myself
For everything I am, for how
Unlike we seem to be, yet I’d
Love to know who you are.
I’d love to be the one you want, to
Never speak words because it’s easier
To read each other’s eyes. But unfortunately I
Realize how impossible that is and how
I must learn to live with this
Guilt of curiosity and
Uncontrollable thoughts that center
Every thing around you.

The thought I'm about to expand on is is a little similar to the previous post, but go with it. Everyday, we approach different opportunities. Different opportunities to take a chance, to do something or say something new. But why is it, that sometimes instead of going after these things we just reflect and think about how awesome it would be? We revel in curiosity, wondering how great it would be to actually act on it, but we never actually follow through. So we think about it and then more often than not, when the time has passed, we regret our lack of action. So why not go for it? Why not take the chance, take the risk and see what the outcome is? Really, what do you have to lose? What do you have to lose in introducing herself to the new kid? What do you have to lose in asking a 7 feet tall male what he's doing with a million other 7 feet males at U of T? What do you have to lose in changing your style? Why not change, why not learn, why not try? We're in our prime so let's make it worth it. Let's live without regrets.

Your Challenge: Do something you normally wouldn't do (break a social norm?!). Talk to the kid you've always wanted to know more about, look up a program you're interested in, try a new food. Just do something. Do something to settle that crazy curiosity that haunts us or will haunt you if you constantly ignore its pestering. Because, trust me, it's worth it.
Have fun with this challenge...you can learn so much more about others and yourself. And let me know what you did and if it settled your crazy intrigue-induced curiosity :]

Comments

Popular Posts