Doing What You Love

I haven't posted in forever, and that's quite sad. It made me realize that I really missed writing too... It feels like it's been so long. I don't really even have a certain thing to talk about, so I figured I would just talk.

A few months ago, I was officially introduced to this band called Parachute. I'd heard them before but never really knew who they were, and finally I'd gone through and actually listened to their album and fell completely in love. Since then, they were the only thing I would listen to on my iPod. Their music and the lyrics became so inspiring to me--they inspired me to write for the first time in a few months. And this past Saturday, I got to see them perform live. And meet them backstage. It was an awesome experience for obvious reasons. I mean, for one, almost all of us have that lame desire to meet someone famous. And it was even greater if it's someone we admire. I had been nervous and anxious earlier, worrying that they wouldn't be nearly as good as they are recorded, that all their talent was a fake auto-tuned product. Parachute did not disappoint. They sounded even greater than they do on my iPod. And the best part, was seeing them. Their facial expressions and actions were priceless. They were jumping around, sticking their tongues out, and you could see the veins lacing their necks. It was even more inspiring to actually see their passion than to hear it on the radio.

If you read/see an interview with anyone who made it big in the music (or film or other) industry, they talk about how they stayed positive and appreciated the little steps and accomplishments they took. And hey, it worked out for them. So, the proof of the power of positive thinking? I think yes.

Anyway, back to my nonexistent point--seeing Parachute perform was amazing. Meeting and talking to them, and finding that they weren't completely awful people, was even better (Will Anderson, the lead singer, even accepted a lime green Give Hope: RSD wristband after I explained the disorder to him--update: he wore the wristband for about a month and still has it months later :]). And what I loved most was seeing what had inspired me come to life right before my eyes. To hear every note firsthand (and I was seriously shocked when Will opened his mouth and sounded better than he did on any recorded track, Kit's saxophone blared to life, and Johnny shook the stage with his drum beats) gave me hope.

Maybe one day, I can produce something as moving and inspiring as the words Will sings. As one of their songs articulates perfectly well, "[They] make me want to believe."


Comments

Popular Posts