Intimidated? Why Yes, Yes I Am

So school has started. Junior year. Pretty intense, crazy, and above all, absolutely terrifying. I wasn't too worried about this impending year--I knew it would be tough and different, but I figured I could handle it--I have survived this far, right? But then my lovely mum mentioned that this is the year, these are the grades that colleges will be looking at. So basically, my future and happiness depend on this year. And no, I do not think that I am being a bit melodramatic. A lot of people do not seem to understand the pressure some people put on themselves when it comes to education. Personally, it means a lot. And just the slightest possibility of receiving a big, fat envelope in April 2013 from one of those schools on my list--it makes me anxious and giggly. So you see that I cannot really take it lightly.


I want to go to a school that opens doors for me. See, I am not completely positive what I want to go into. I know many possibilities, but I do not know what will fit. These schools I'm looking at give me the opportunity to try almost all of these ideas in my head in a setting that I absolutely love (i.e.--not among 35,000 other students, but maybe less than a fifth of that AND in an environment/city that makes me feel like I'm in the 1800s).


Now, I do not want to bore you with my future plans, nor do I want to write a crazy long post. Just throwing some of my feelings out there and admitting to myself that I am scared. And it is okay to be scared. The problem arises when you let that fear take control of you. I think a few weeks in, I'll be able to handle it. How bad could it be?


So how are you guys feeling? Any big, nerve-racking, insane events coming up? Or not coming up? And how do you handle it? Any crazy, ridiculous, almost impossible plans for the future? And what makes you want to get there? Let me know anything and everything, I'd love to hear how you feel :]

Comments

Popular Posts