Escape

Running out of post ideas, and I felt like sharing :)


I can’t wait to get out,
Breathe that fresh air,
And run until my body is numb.

I can’t wait to be out in that sun,
With nothing stopping me,
Nothing holding me back,
Or weighing me down.

I am so ready,
To “feel that air beneath my wings,”
And soar to new possibilities
Once unimaginable.

Every day, I plan that escape—
The places I’ll go,
The people I’ll see.

Every moment, I think about that escape,
And the new person I will be.

There is so much I regret,
So much I wish to change,
But none of it is in my hands.

I can’t continue in that life,
That mindset,
With nothing to think about but daily strife.

I want to breathe that fresh air.
I want to laugh and scream,
As loud as I want
Because no one is there to hear me,
To question me.

I want to run off into the horizon
To a new world,
A new life,
With no one to stop me.

I can’t wait to feel the grass beneath my toes,
And the sun on my shoulders.
I want to release my energy into the clouds,
And chase after the moon.
I am ready to take each step,
With more passion than before.
I need to escape.

Comments

Popular Posts