Motivation

Lazy summer days, and even lazier summer nights. Relaxing by the pool or maybe in a bed with a good (or maybe it was just assigned) book. That's what the past two months have been about. And it is a much deserved break for all of us students. And the relaxation and the ability to do absolutely nothing for days at a time is something I relish. But at the same time, there is nothing better than the energy and excitement of a new project. The first few hours or days after this inspiring idea hits you like a bolt of lightning are incredible. All the ideas and the creativity just flow. Optimism gushes forward and you almost feel invincible and all-powerful. To quote NASA, "Failure is not an option."
Well this afternoon was inspiring for me. Some of my closest (and thankfully most reliable and extremely intelligent) friends met with me to discuss hosting a 5k and 1 mile fun run to benefit Give Hope: RSD. This is something I've wanted to do since the day I made that Facebook page. The meeting was fantastic, and I will admit that I went from utterly hopeless in the middle of our meeting to a whirlwind of reading, typing, and clicking when I got home. I've spent the past few hours drawing out more details and writing more about the event. I haven't been this motivated for some time, and it's just a phenomenal feeling. I realize how much work would go into this event and how little time we actually have (the websites say to start planning six months in advance!). But that feeling of invincibility I mentioned earlier is definitely hitting me hard. I'm trying to stay grounded, but I am just so excited. If you've read some of my other blog posts or know me personally, you know how important I think making an impact is. And I think this run, this fundraiser, could finally be the way to do it.
So here's your challenge: Remember that lifelong goal you have for yourself? The one that you don't think you need to worry about until you're applying to college or attending college or searching for a job or family? Well, you're wrong. You can take a look at it right now. Because chances are, that is one of the things you are most passionate about in the world, and therefore there is nothing that could motivate you more. So in this last month of freedom, I encourage you to do something GREAT.
And tell me all about it, I would absolutely love to read some comments!!! :)

Comments

Popular Posts