Go For It; Share It.

I recently had the opportunity to cross off one of the items on my quasi-bucket list: #31. Share my writing with an influential writer I admire.
After much deliberating and switching back and forth, I brought myself to approach Will Anderson of Parachute (my favorite and most inspiring songwriter) with an email asking him to take a look at some pieces I had written about a year or two ago. And he responded. It was possibly one of the most unforgettable and indescribable moments of my life.
This is what he said:
Hey these are great! THanks for sharing htem!

I really like the Love Anonymous one! Well done!

I think for you, at least from these three that I've read, the only advice i'd give is to now move to the next level of metaphor/perspective and surprise the reader at bit. I think if you can take them on a "oh wow, i didn't see that coming" kind of trip, than it would move it to the next level. I love when I read something and either the perspective or idea behind the metaphor is so unexpected that it makes you say, "huh. i wish i'd thought of that."

good luck writing! thanks again!

will
Receiving advice from someone so talented and influential that I admire so much has been amazing. When I read those words, I feel reenergized to write again. I feel empowered. I feel motivated to take that advice and create something I can be proud of.
So I want to end this relatively short post, encouraging you to get back to doing that thing that you love. Keep working on that project, those goals. Go for it. And give it all you got. But don't forget that it can sometimes take other perspectives to perfect even your private works. Give it everything you've got. And share it. 

Comments

Popular Posts