Weeks 11 & 12: Study Grind Never Ends

This post is just a few days early because today we leave for spring break! The past two weeks have been slightly busy, completely focused on schoolwork. Because let me tell you this, studying abroad requires studying and Bogazici is actually really hard (when it comes to test averages, it doesn't feel like I left Tech at all). 
I usually try to buff up these shorter (less interesting) posts with some reflection or question I've found myself asking about Turkey or the culture here or my time in Europe in general. But the past few weeks have been so hectic and the next one even more so that I will just leave it at this: you're still in school when you're studying abroad, and depending on the type of person you are or the program you're in, your grades still matter. That means the same stresses (and then some) still exist, study skills must still be practiced, and the library is can still be your second home. 
But then when all this stress is just too much and I think I'm going to burst, I eat dinner one night on the benches overlooking the Bosphorous--with the city lights shining like stars in the distance the bridge literally sparkling--and I realize it's not so bad. Even studying with a view like this beats pretty much everything else. 

Comments

Popular Posts