Passion

So today at 1 in the morning, which is of course when all great ideas are thought of, I wrote. For the first time in about three months actually. So as you can guess, it felt pretty wonderful. I really wanted to share it somewhere, to someone. So I decided, why not here? Even though it doesn't completely fit into the purpose, I figured I could stretch it a bit ;] Plus, it's not like it's illegal for me to post something else up here! So I truly hope you enjoy this poem, and ignore the lack of punctuation...I think my excuse for that may become clear once you read (if not: it was because I was so into it, I didn't want to waste time and thoughts on punctuation). So like I said, here it is... Enjoy!:

Passion

I haven’t written in a long time
It’s been hard to feel the flow
I haven’t written in a very long time
And how I’ve missed it so

The feeling
The power
To be able to create
Something from nothing

The beauty
The words
All coming together
To be more than just words

Infinite power is mine
When I bring pen to paper
The world is limitless
And nothing feels safer

It’s nice to just write
And not worry about the pattern and rhyme
It’s nice to just feel
And not worry about losing time

It’s been so long
Since I’ve felt this power
And I want it to stay
To last forever

Help me find
A way to bottle this energy
This passion
This beauty
This wonderful release of all inside

Find me a way
To remember these words
These lines
These rhymes
These wonderful signs

Tell me why
It makes me feel so
Tell me why
I can’t say no

When the thoughts become too much
And it’s time to spill over
Tell me why
These words are so….
Perfect?
Wonderful?
The best outlet imaginable?

Maybe it’s the thrill
Or the challenge to combat
Or maybe it’s because
It’s my passion

To pursue
And follow
Not because of material gains
Material pains
Material chains

But because of that one abstract organ—
The heart
In charge of feelings so hard to understand
So complex for our logical brain
In charge of that feeling
That drives me to write
Drives him to run
Drives her to sing
That feeling
Of passion.


I'm kind of proud of this piece, and I hope you don't think it's completely awful (please leave me your thoughts and critiques though!). So what's this all about? PASSION. A topic I actually just began to discuss with a friend because I realized something. We were discussing dreams and how they give us a purpose, that they're possible to reach and important. This is what I'd said (at one point): Dreaming isn't about fitting molds. It's not about putting off your life until you get where you want to be. It's about giving yourself a purpose. Insuring a passion. And passion is a whole lot more important than we may think it is. Passion is what gives things meaning. And passion is often driven from a want, a goal, a desire for something to happen. As you can see, having passion is important. I believe passion drives us to accomplish greater things. But more than that, passion gives us pleasure and joy. Pursuing a passion, having a passion for something, does something to you. It fills you up. Think of passion as the cement that holds bricks together. Passion fills up the empty spaces in us and keeps us together so we don't fall apart. Passion keeps us from crumbling down. Passion is an important part in the dreams that really mean something to us. In our greatest, wildest dreams, passion is what makes it possible. Because if you don't have passion for that fanatical dream, where's the drive for you to follow through? But there's also having "a passion." A thing you do. For me, as you can see, it's writing. An action you have a passion for is something you can fall back on in dire times. Something to soothe you. Something for you.

So today's challenge? Find your passion. And please share it with me here. I'd love to know what you turn to. Wanna take the challenge a further step? Implement your passion today. Whether it's turning to it when you're having a problem, or taking a step closer to reach that passion-induced dream. Find your passion and embrace it :]

Comments

  1. The poem: Best you've written in a while. I love all of your poetry but this one.... it's so... free. The others are absolutely amazing and heart wrenching, but this one is so joyous, so light, so happy without being superficial. It's amazing.
    The piece: I like the similies!! It's easily understandable and very relatable.
    The challenge: I started up my blog thanks to you. So thank you Raz. I really really really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poem: was incredible :) i loved it :) all your poems are usually dark and and sad (although amazing) but this one was a 180 turn and you executed it flawlessly :) and punctuation would have just taken away from it.
    i loved the similies as well :)
    and my passions are reading, writing, music and helping others. and you've just inspired me to help others even more, even though the manner in which i'm doing it is one i'm not particularly enjoying. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello-

    We've never met, but I saw your posting on Facebook on the NaNoWriMo page, so I decided to come check this out. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts