Her Strength Astounds Me

I have a friend who's become quite inspirational to me the past few days. So I finally sat down and wrote. I've been meaning to write this for a while actually, but I could never get past the first few words. I finally did, and would like to share with you the outcome. So please take a look, it's untitled as of yet.
And, no reflection/response today... I'll let the piece speak for itself :]
Enjoy:

She never lets them tell her no

As she keeps moving,

Though not sure where to go,

Ready to take on

What the future may bring.


Stronger than might,

She defies gravity.

Defies the odds.

Defies what we know.


Putting up a fight,

She won’t back down.

Won’t give up.

Won’t loose ground.


She’s scared as could be.

But won’t let on,

Won’t let anyone see

What’s inside her,

A desperate plea.


It’s hard to tell that she’s in pain,

To everyone around her it’s just a game.

They can’t read how awful she feels.

They can’t feel her pain that’s so real.


We can’t comprehend her situation,

Her bravery,

Or pretend that we do.

To do so would be absolutely

Unnecessarily crude.


We can’t do anything

To change what has become.

Though our strongest desire

Is to help her.


All we can do is watch in terror,

As she’s about to fall

Because of one simple error.


All we can do is watch in awe,

As she keeps walking

Defying every law.


All we can do is dream and wish

That it was we and not she

To receive this cruel dish

Of fate.


But no one could handle it

As gracefully as she.

Dealing and moving on,

Living in the present,

Dreaming of the future.

For her future is bright

If anything, that indeed.

Because one with that strength,

Can do nothing but succeed.

Comments

  1. Wow! This is beautiful
    and so so so so true. I couldn't have said it any better myself (believe me I've tried and failed many times. The best I came up with was, "Man this chick is incredible." )
    You've described her ubelievably well. Love you (to the writer and the one this is written about. You're both amazing!)BTW I know I'm late on reading your blog but I will read all of it soon! I promise. You rock as a writer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts