Purpose, Sparks, and Revamping the Blog

So I have reached 3000+ page views. Yay! I know everyone says something along the lines of "views and numbers don't matter!" but let's be real--the people who say that are the people with all the views and numbers. It's really exciting for me to see an increase in the page view count because it means someone somehow clicked something that brought them to this very blog and just maybe they read it. And maybe they enjoyed it. And maybe something they read here meant something to them.

This got me thinking about purpose. Our purpose in life. Of course, there are many different ways people answer that question--one of them a very theological approach. I have my answer in that aspect, but I feel like there is something more too. You cannot go through life without interacting with anyone. I think the second of many factors that make up our purpose has to do with this social interaction.

I want to have a purpose. I want to spark conversations. And not some stupid gossip trash about something I did, said, or wore. I want to spark thoughts--real thoughts--about things that matter. Things that are wrong in the world. Things that we should be grateful for. Things that we just do not notice in our blur of living.

I am sure that I have said it before. But I aim to somehow change just one person. To just instigate this one little thought that grows and grows and becomes a whirlwind of ideas (this reminds me of Inception).

And to do that I am first setting a much more attainable goal that I can control. I would like to try and post every week. When I first started this blog a year ago, my intention was to post every day (hence the name, Daily Doses). After a year, I am very far from that and so I think once a week is much more appropriate and possible. I like Tuesdays. So maybe it'll be every Tuesday. Or maybe it'll just be whenever. I am going to try and "stock up" on posts and write them as I get ideas and set them to post on a certain day. Point is, I hope you stick around and read them. Hopefully they won't be crazy long. But hopefully they will spark something.

Comments

Popular Posts