La Primera Dia

I know, two posts in one day? Que es esto?! I've been in Mexico approximately nine hours, and I already feel strange speaking or thinking in English. It's interesting how that works. My friend, Kaitlyn, and I ended up talking to the man sitting next to us the entire flight. In Spanish. He got a kick out of listening to us struggle through simple sentences, but it was some much needed and much appreciated practice. We landed in the afternoon, grabbed our bags, withdrew some pesos from the ATM, and eventually embarked through the city on our bus to reach La Universidad de la Communicacion. Of course, by this time we were starving and so we walked down to a small sandwich stop. Our bus ride and walk were fascinating because the city is just so different from anything in the US. Tiny shops and vendors, two lanes of parked cars on the street, uneven sidewalks. But it has its own beauty to it as well. After our snack, we made it back to la uni to meet our families! Kanchi and I are staying with a dentist, her son, and her sister. La casa es pequeña y muy bonita! For dinner we had this type of soup with a maize/arroz substance, which was quite delicious, though I don't think my stomach is ready to handle most of the food here. Now we're just exhausted but excited for what the rest of the week brings!
Check out this beautiful view from the plane:

Comments

Popular Posts