Home Sweet [Tea] Home

"The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes"

My time in Mexico was unbelievable and memorable and educational and spectacular and so many other things. I will always be grateful for the seven weeks I had to live in a different country, be immersed in a new culture, and at times cope with a very interesting cuisine. Shout out to my awesome parents for supporting me and allowing me this opportunity! 
I honestly did not expect to get homesick at all--the program isn't THAT long and Mexico isn't THAT far away. And, after all, I've been living away from my home for a whole year now. But boy was I wrong. We definitely all had our homesick moments, and it is so great to be back in the land of the free and the home of the brave[s]. I love my sweet tea, waffle fries, frozen yogurt, ginormous cupcakes, Panera baguettes, and meals that don't include at least three types of cheeses.
That being said, there are definitely also some things I will miss about Mexico and I am going to share them with you (in no particular order):

1. Mango carts everywhere
2. Lime with everything (fruits, chips, tacos, literally everything) 
3. Being able to walk everywhere and anywhere
4. The random art and sculptures in all the parks and even walkways
This is the median that divides the two sides of the large Calle Alvaro Obregon which we crossed on our way to school every morning. I took this picture just in time too because this was all taken out the weekend we went to Oaxaca!

5. The actually useful metro system
6. The hundreds of dogs I see every day, especially the ones that resemble their owners
7. Bigotes

8. Sometimes struggling, but still being able to have conversations with random people in Spanish
9. The way they say "Sara" (it just sounds sooo pretty)
10. The parks! Especially our Rio de Janeiro with David ❤️ 

11. Sights like these





Thank you, Mexico, for giving me stories to tell and eyes to see. 

Comments

Popular Posts