Puebla is Perfect

7 de junio
We had a bright and early 8:30am start for our journey to Puebla. So obviously the majority of the bus was silent and asleep for the three hour drive.  Puebla was everything I wanted from study abroad. It's this very happening and cute town/city with a busy Zocalo, tons of small stores and restaurants, cafes, and 365 churches--one of which is decorated/embellished in gold and pictured below:
I just absolutely loved walking down the streets and seeing all the different buildings. The entire environment was just so different from DF and Colonia Roma. 


And this was the Zocalo:
We ended the evening with a group dinner that also included ant eggs and worms--very common Mexican dishes. The worms looked a bit too much like worms for me to bring myself to eat them, but I did try the ant eggs which didn't really taste like anything.



8 de junio
We woke up and walked to 7-11 for a very healthy breakfast of donuts and coffee.  Instead of going to the Cholula ruins today, we headed back to DF around noon. When we returned home, Kanchi and I basically spent the rest of the day chilling in our room and working on our final project.

Comments

Popular Posts